Tuesday, July 26, 2016

In just three short days

we will be arriving in Victoria, BC to finalize the purchase of our new-to-us bus. The flight into Seattle with four kids went amazingly well. TSA was actually very kind and helpful - maybe they took pity on me because I was traveling without my better half, I don't know - what I do know is that it was a pleasant experience for us all. This was the kids first time flying and I think they all liked it especially Myles, who after being in the airports and sky for over 9 hours actually cried when he realized that we wouldn't be flying anymore. It was so great seeing my friend pull up to get us. We haven't seen each other since the summer of 2013 when they came to see us at Topsail Beach. Being here with Lou and her family is a special treat for us both and I am forever thankful for such a sweet husband who knew we needed this time together and made a way for me and the kids to come early.

Yesterday we went to the market in Seattle. We have never been to anything like that before - it was so cool. Vendors of every kind were there. We especially enjoyed the fish market where they would sing and throw fish around. And the bouquets of flowers... so many beautiful arrangements. We just loved it. Later we went to a nearby park where we had a picnic and the kids played in the water. Such a lovely day and the weather was perfect.

Today our day started off with a trip to the chiropractor for me. Pulled muscle in my back. Not fun. Needed a down day to rest anyway cause this 3 hour time difference is kickin my rear. So we chilled at home most of the day and it's just what this doctor ordered.


No comments:

Post a Comment